Join Us At Virtual Convention To Honor Leaders In the Legal Profession
The pandemic has altered our Convention plans, but it can’t deter us from honoring those who continue to lead the legal system and NCAJ through these unprecedented times.
When we meet via Zoom for Virtual Convention on Thursday, June 18, we will present awards to the following:
- Outstanding Trial Judge Award to Judge Paul C. Ridgeway
- Outstanding Appellate Judge Award to Chief Justice Cheri L. Beasley
- Outstanding Legislator Award to N.C. Sen. Danny Earl Britt Jr.
- Charles L. Becton Teaching Award to Rick Glazier
The Becton Award recognizes excellence in the teaching of trial advocacy.
- Ebbie Award to Michael S. Adkins
- Ebbie Award to Carmaletta L. Henson
- Ebbie Award to Jennifer Moeller Lechner
- Ebbie Award to Jason A. Orndoff
- Ebbie Award to Kimberly Wilson White
The Ebbie Award is named after Ebbie Bailey, the first lady emeritus of NCAJ, who helped founding member Allen Bailey establish the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers over 50 years ago. Named in her honor, the Ebbie Award was created in 2003 to recognize service and inspired commitment to NCAJ and its mission.