Careers with NCAJ
The NCAJ Team
Our small but mighty team works hard each day to fulfill NCAJ’s mission of empowering a strong community of trial lawyers in North Carolina.
Whether that’s by planning and executing member events and educational opportunities across our state, engaging with the North Carolina General Assembly on ways to continually improve the lives of citizens through the creation of good laws or communicating the many excellent works and achievements of our members, we believe that the best work gets done when a dedicated and talented team pulls together with focus and determination to see the best possible result.
We are currently ten professionals strong and looking to grow, with each member bringing significant expertise, insight and years of experience to their role. Our approach to serving our 2300+ members and the legal profession in our state is entrepreneurial and innovative — we enjoy exploring new ways of delighting and engaging our members and sharing their story.
If this environment sounds like a good fit for your skills, interests and long-term professional goals, we’d love to hear from you.
Life at NCAJ
- Health insurance
- Vision/dental insurance
- Generous retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Friendly, fun team
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Manager
The North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) is seeking a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Manager.
NCAJ is a nonpartisan association of trial lawyers and legal professionals with a community of over 2,300 members dedicated to protecting people, preventing injustice and promoting fairness. The CLE Manager is an integral member of the CLE team and provides support and guidance to CLE programs for the legal community.
This full-time position requires a person who is highly organized and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with passionate volunteers. We seek a strong-minded, versatile individual with experience in planning, creating and executing programs and trainings. Experience with association or membership nonprofit organization desired. Our ideal candidate will have a knack for engaging others and experience in managing multiple events simultaneously. This position reports to, and works hand in hand with, the Continuing Legal Education Director.
- Coordinate with NCAJ sections and divisions to ensure quality continuing education programming.
- Handle onsite logistics for in-person CLE programs and technical logistics for virtual programs.
- Close out seminars and file timely and accurate reports of CLE credit hours to the North Carolina State Bar.
- Work with the CLE Director and Marketing & Communications Department to create effective marketing campaigns to achieve attendance goals.
- Coordinate with seminar speakers and presenters to ensure all program materials are received in a timely manner and all deadlines are met.
- Upload and manage seminar materials on NCAJ website and communicate with attendees prior to the program to ensure they receive all curriculum materials.
- Reconcile billing invoices and submit to CLE Director for approval at the conclusion of each program.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Solid knowledge of database and learning management systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with an association or membership based non-profit a plus
- Ability to travel state-wide periodically
Salary for this full-time position is commensurate with experience and competitive in the non-profit sector.
NCAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
The North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) is a nonpartisan association of trial lawyers and legal professionals with a community of 2,300 members dedicated to protecting people, preventing injustice and promoting fairness. NCAJ and its members work to protect the interests and civil rights of injured people, the criminally accused and convicted, families, workers and the disabled. NCAJ is led by a Board of Governors (board) comprised of lawyers and other legal professionals elected by NCAJ membership. The board establishes the policy framework to guide NCAJ staff, volunteer activities and programming necessary to support NCAJ’s core mission of empowering a strong community of trial lawyers.