Caring for Vulnerable Spanish-Speaking Workers’ Comp Claimants
Topic to be discussed:
- Proving income when you are paid in cash.
- Timing settlements and case matters relative to immigration issues.
- Showing statutory employment when injured while working for a contractor without insurance. Other coverage questions.
- Farm worker issues, H-2A visas, comp. rates, migrant housing, and heat illness. Rating versus clincher issues.
- Clients living abroad, and the practicalities of sending them money; documenting medical care and expenses for treatment abroad.
- Non-insured workers’ comp claims
- Obtaining treatment without money in your own language in denied and partially denied claims
Speaker: Jacob Goad, Law Office of Jacob Goad, PLLC, Durham